We would like to thank all of the students that took time to submit their videos and all of the people who helped us in making this contest possible. The contest has wrapped up. Please stay tuned for another Economics Music Video Contest in 2013-14. Congratulations to all of the winners!
Enter the Contest and Win $2,500!!!
The Hackley Endowment for the Study of Capitalism and Free Enterprise at Fayetteville State University is pleased to announce its “Economics Video Contest for 2012-2013.” Entries are due Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
Economics is so exciting that we want you to help convey the ideas in a fun way. Dr. Stringham’s college professor, Dr. Walter Block, once said that one of the problems for economists is that critics of markets have so many catchy folk songs, but economists don’t have any. Hence, this video contest about “Economic Value Is Subjective.” To read about economic value being subjective click here.
Visit the Hackley Endowment Playlist on Youtube to see some of our current entries:
Summary of the Contest
- Open to all students including teams
- Prize is $2,500 to the winners; $500 to the professor;
$500 to the second place winners; and $250 to the third place winners.
- Videos should be approximately three minutes
- Lyrics can be added to any existing song
- Video must be uploaded on YouTube
- Videos will be judged based on quality and number of views and likes on Youtube